Amidst the sea of conventional advertising that often goes unnoticed, interactive video ads emerge as a beacon of engagement. Interactive elements of advertisements fuel users’ and customers’ curiosity, they are compelled to interact with the content, thus, creating a profound connection with the brand. Interactive video ads create personalized and enjoyable experiences, fostering positive associations with products or services. Crucial for leaving a lasting impact on the audience, interactive video ads not only boost desired actions like purchases, sign-ups, and website visits but also foster a stronger bond with the brand. In the dynamic world of technology and changing consumer expectations, embracing interactive video ads is a strategic imperative for businesses seeking a lasting impact on their audience.
Table of Contents
How Do Interactıve Ads Affect Customers?
According to the latest report “Global CTV & Creative Insights”, choice- and non-choice-based formats generated a +600% lift in engagement over standard pre-roll video, with non-choice-based ads accounting for a 17% lift. They also generated 92 seconds of additional time earned on top of time spent watching pre-roll.
Interactive video ads drive a 47% gain in time spent with a marketing message compared to a non-interactive ad, according to a study from Magna, a media strategy group of ad giant IPG Media Lab.
Moreover, customers also stress out the importance of interactive ads. 64% of people said they preferred viewing an interactive video to learn about a product rather than reading text based information.
Interactive ads come with various functions, and some of the most common ones include:
- Hotspots. Interactive hotspots are elements embedded within a video that allow viewers to interact by clicking on them. By clicking, users can either be redirected to a separate web page or access additional content directly within the video. As an example, a video may showcase various products, and clicking on a specific product will lead the user to its dedicated product page.
- Quizzes. Utilizing interactive quizzes is an effective method to captivate viewers and assess their knowledge regarding your brand or product. Reward participants with incentives like discounts, fostering a deeper connection with your audience and gaining valuable insights for informed marketing decisions.
- Branching. These functionalities enable the creation of diverse video paths that adapt according to the viewer’s choices. Imagine designing a video that narrates the journey of a character confronted with multiple choices. Viewers create the video narrative by making their own decisions and choosing from the options given. This interactive storytelling approach captivates the audience, making the ad engaging and unforgettable.
- Polls. Using these functionalities is an excellent method to gather feedback from viewers and gain insights into their interests. Engage your audience through an interactive poll integrated into your video. Invite users to provide feedback on your product or service, gathering valuable insights into the features they desire in the future. By actively involving them in the creative process, this interactive approach cultivates a sense of inclusion and provides valuable insights to improve your offerings according to customer preferences.
- Forms. Viewers’ information, such as email addresses, names, and contact details, can be gathered using these functionalities. This information can then be used to market to viewers or to send them updates about your brand.
How to Make an Interactive Advertisement More Engaging?
- Start with a clear goal. What do you want viewers to do after they interact with your ad? Determine your desired action – whether it’s getting them to visit your website, sign up for your email list, or make a purchase. Once your goal is clear, brainstorm interactive elements that align with it, creating a captivating experience that drives the audience towards that specific objective.
- Keep it simple. Don’t overload your ad with too many interactive elements. Too much interactivity can be overwhelming and distracting. Instead, focus on a few key elements that will engage viewers and help you achieve your goal.
- Make it relevant. The interactive elements in your ad should be relevant to your target audience and your marketing goals. For example, if you’re targeting a younger audience, you might include interactive elements that are fun and engaging. If you’re targeting a business audience, you might include interactive elements that are more informative.
- Test and measure. Once you’ve created your interactive ad, test it and measure its performance. Tracking the performance of your ad becomes possible through a range of tools, including Google Analytics or Facebook Insights.
Interactive video ads are a powerful tool that can be used to engage viewers and achieve marketing goals. By following the tips in this article, you can create interactive ads that are engaging, relevant, and measurable.
- With their captivating and interactive nature, video ads that engage viewers outperform traditional linear ads. This heightened engagement results in longer watch times and elevated click-through rates, making them a powerful and effective choice for advertisers.
- There are many different interactive elements that can be built into a video ad, such as hotspots, quizzes, branching, polls, and forms.
- For an engaging interactive advertisement, have a clear goal, keep it simple, and make it relevant to your target audience.